This October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Saski Collection hosted a luncheon as a 2020 Community Supporter to raise awareness and support the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
WHY IS BREAST CANCER AWARENESS IMPORTANT?
Breast Cancer is currently the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Australia with approximately 55 people diagnosed daily, 1 in 7 Australian women and 1 in 675 Australian men expected to be diagnosed in their lifetime.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS?
- A lump or thickening in the breast, especially if it is only in one breast
- Changes to the shape or size of the breast
- Changes to the shape of the nipple, such as crusting, sores or ulcers, redness or inversion (a nipple that turns in when it used to point out).
- Changes to the skin of the breast, such as dimpling (sometimes looking like an orange peel), a rash, scaly appearance, unusual redness or other colour changes
- Fluid leaking or discharge from the nipple that occurs without squeezing
- Persistent, unusual pain that doesn’t go away
- Swelling or discomfort in the armpit
As a 2020 community supporter, Saski Collection hosted a luncheon to raise awareness and additionally donated $10,000 and a further $5 from every order made on the day through i=Change.
The luncheon involved influencers from across the Gold Coast, Saski & Tammy fit staff members and a delicious 5 course meal. Guests were seated amongst beautiful florals and gift bags made up of a self love Candle and Bath Soak from @cleanseandco, handwritten name cards from @bbcollective_, breast cancer themed sugar cookies from @confetticakesandcookies and breast cancer information pack & pin.
The luncheon was broadcasted Nationally on Channel 7 and the Gold Coast Bulletin bringing more awareness to this important cause.
With fundraising support, the NBCF continues to fund research into the effective prevention, detection and treatment of breast cancer.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT NBCF.ORG.AU